Monday, November 28, 2011
Montgomery promises to be very colorful this Christmas. Shop owners throughout the city are participating in a contest for best lighting with residents. The Civic Club will be handing out cash prizes best decorations. December 10th is the big day in Montgomery with the Holiday Marketplace, Christmas Cookie Walk, Candlelight Home Tour, and Christmas Parade at 11 am. Get more information on the City of Montgomery website.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
A planning and zoning meeting is scheduled for November 21 at 7 pm. The agenda has not yet been posted for the meeting, but some items that may be considered include:
- Zone amendment for property on Lone Star Bend (Live Oak Assisted Living Center) to R-2.
- Variance Request for Lone Star Cowboy Church to allow metal siding on arena.
- Historic District building permit for Rancher's Daughter.
- Minor Plat for Barnes Office Building.
- Discussion on revisions to the Zoning Ordinance.
Other items may be included on the agenda which will be posted on November 18, 2011 on the City website as well as at City Hall.
City Council will meet Tuesday November 15, 2011 at City Hall in Montgomery. Items that may be considered on the agenda include:
- Red Light Camera Ordinance and Contract.
- Villas of Mia Lago Final Plat and Variances.
- Acceptance of the Montgomery Community Building from the County.
- Alcoholic Beverage Permit for Kickin' Ash BBQ.
- Approval of MIDC Projects.
- Appointment of a Development Advisory Board for consideration of an Impact Fee.
- Review of the Sign Ordinance.
- Ongoing Capital Projects.
- Wrecker Ordinance.
- Request for City to maintain Memory Park.
Other items may also be considered and will be posted in an agenda on the City website on November 11, 2011.